Sunday Minute – October 8, 2021
Good evening, families. This is Ms. Castagnola, school Coordinator, with this week’s Sunday Minute.
Covid Testing Unit
The mobile unit will be on campus on Monday to test our students and staff.
Our first dine-out of the year is here!
Tomorrow Monday, October 11th enjoy a delicious Jersey Mike’s sub and Topeka receives 20% of all the proceeds. For online orders use code TOPEKA20. Our fundraiser is at 19350 Nordhoff St. in Northridge.
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Please join us for the ELAC meeting this Wednesday, October 13th at 3:30 pm. All parents are welcome.
Zoom Meeting ID 874 1674 0228 Passcode: ELAC
5th Grade Parent PALI CAMP Information Night
5th-grade parents, please join us for a PALI camp Zoom information meeting on Thursday, October 14 at 6:30pm. A representative from PALI will be there to answer any questions you may have about the wonderful experience and adventures your child may share.
Meeting ID: 593 268 8657
Valet Service for TK-1st Grade
Our valet volunteers have been happy to serve this week and they want to thank those parents who have been so cooperative. There are a few things that we need from parents to make this a successful option for our community. Please...
1. Don’t park in the valet lane.
2. Only Pre/Kinder/1st grade can use the valet lane
3. The child and the parent need to be wearing masks for the protection of our volunteers.
4. Please cross at the crosswalk.
5. The daily pass screenshot must be ready BEFORE hand and shown before opening the car door.
6. Have the child put on the mask and the backpack beforehand to speed up the process.
7. Please move forward as soon as the child is dropped off, in consideration of the cars waiting behind you.
8. If the car ahead is taking some time, please do not try to forcibly drive through the cones. Wait for the volunteer to move the cones to let you out SAFELY.
9. Please do Not block the driveways of our neighbors.
Until we can secure additional help, 2nd through 5th-grade families will still need to WALK UP WITH A PARENT and check-in at the Topeka gate.
Our school website will be getting some major upgrades before the start of the 2022-23 school year. If you are interested in participating in the planning process or maybe you have some web design skills, please contact Jeff Sites at email@example.com."
Stay in the know- http://www.topekadrive.com/
For Your Information:
- Schedule your child’s COVID test https://achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt
- 1-213-241-3840 LAUSD Hotline to help manage fear, anxiety, and other challenges related to COVID- 19. Open 6am-6pm weekdays
- 1-213-443-1300 COVID-19 Hotline for families
- 1-213-241-2700 COVID-19 Hotline for employees
Look Ahead- Mark Your Calendar
10/18 Beginning of PTA 5th Grade Committee Boo Grams Sale
10/18 Governance Council Committee Meetings 2:30-3:10 pm
10/21 Governance Council Meeting 3:30 pm
10/26 PTA Association Meeting @ 6:30 PM via zoom
10/29 Tentative Fall Festival