Tech support help for distance learning
We added a help request form for anyone having difficulty with technology:Distance Learning Troubleshoot Request
We will be adding information to this page as we go. Your questions and feedback will help us make a website that is useful to all of the stakeholders, and we welcome suggestions and feedback! In the meantime, if you run into trouble or have suggestions please email Jeff at email@example.com
About This Site
This is a custom website built in Drupal for Topeka Charter School for Advanced Studies, hosted on a private server. It is designed to be managed by many people, in different stakeholder groups.Content Types Available:
- PAGES - Display text, images, highlights, links and flies.
- CLASSROOMS - Similar to pages, but with the option of assigning a teacher from available Team Members. Relevant Announcements, Quick Links, and Events will display in the side bar.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS - Used for news and updates. They display in "What's New" on the home page, on the Announcements page, and can be assigned to display for certain grade levels or on certain pages.
- TEAM MEMBERS - Display a photo or the default avatar, and information about that team member. To add a Team Member to a Classroom, do so by editing the Classroom. (see video below).
- E-BACKPACKS - Include a description and a downloadable pdf file.
- EVENTS - Display as a calendar, in a weekly planner, and as upcoming events in the right column.
- COMMENTS - Classrooms and some pages have the option to post-to-page. These include text and up to three downloadable files. Intended to be used for items like homework and meeting minutes.
- QUICK-LINKS - Include a title and a link to the content. These display by grade level or can be assigned to display on specific pages in the right column.
- SLIDERS - Consists of an image and text. Each image can be assigned to appear in the sliders on different pages by checking off one or more pages available. Currently, these are Home, AEMP, Governance Council.
- POLL - REMOVED, no longer available.
- COMMUNITY PARTNER - Showcase school sponsors and other community members. Includes one large image and business information. Displays in the footer on some pages, including the home page
- NOTE/COMMENT - REMOVED, no longer available.
Adding and Editing Content
You must have a login for this site in order to add or edit content. We encourage our stakeholders to get involved, and we would love to have your help. New accounts must be approved by school administrators. Once you log in, you will see an "Add/Edit" button in the top menu bar, and an "edit" tab will become available on content that you have "edit permissions" for.
Account Approval and Help
To get set up with an account, or for website assistance, you may contact the Topeka Website Team. The leaders of different stakeholder groups have control over specific pages and Content Types. Final decisions on content and the granting/revoking permissions are made by Principal Stevens and school administration. Jeff Sites oversees account and technical functions, site/server maintenance, new feature development, and training.
Note: You are responsible for anything you post to this website, including photos, text, and links. When in doubt, please ask before posting.
Having a user account will allow you to log into this site and add/edit content.
User Accounts Video Description: This video shows how to log in, edit your information, and add content. User accounts are available for Topeka stakeholders. They can be requested via the PTA, Governance Council, or school Administration. Account creation is done by Administration, and can usually be completed within one business day.
Classroom Video Description: Classrooms are a special type of page on this website. They include a room number, teacher, grade level, body (for description), photo gallery, files, and posts.
Notes/Post to this Page
This feature has been removed.
Community Partners support Topeka Charter. Please contact the PTA to be added as a Community Partner. Community Partners content type includes one large image (scaled and cropped to a 480px square), individual fields for contact information, and a descriptive text area.
Most of the content on the home page is controlled elsewhere. Here are some of the main elements and how to control them:
- WHAT'S NEW - Programmatically lists the 5 most recent additions in Announcements and E-Backpacks (May add Polls here soon)
- SLIDER - Displays slides that have been set to display on the home page. Create/Edit individual slides to control display.
- FEATURED ANNOUNCEMENT - Displays title and tiled images with captions of 1 announcement (most recent) that has the "Pin To Homepage" option checked.
- UPCOMING EVENTS - From the main calendar (unfiltered). Events scheduled for "today" have a beige background programmatically.
- QUICK LINKS - Displays quick links that have "Add to Home" checked off.
- CONTACT & GET INVOLVED - Both are managed in system and need administrator approval to change.
- COMMUNITY PARTNERS - Displays all available.
NEWS, LINKS, EVENTS by GRADE or by PAGE
When adding or editing any of these types of content, you can select which grades or pages you would like the content to display on. In most cases, the content will display in the right sidebar. Content assigned by grade will also appear on classroom pages.
Web Forms and Parent Conference Signups
To be used by Teachers and Page Administrators. You will need permission to edit your page/classroom in order for this to work.
Follow these steps:
- Sign In
- Find the page/classroom you are working on
- If you do not see the edit tabs, please contact school admin for access
- Click on the results tab, and clear out previously submitted results to this page/classroom
- Click on webform tab
- Select and edit the option you wish to change
- Remove old times (for parent conference sign-ups) and add new ones
- Don't forget to save
- Under the Email tab, check that your email address is in the send-to list. The first entry is what sends the user a copy of their submissions, it sends the email to the address they provide.
- Go to Form Settings to activate the form
- View the form
- Download the results
On the Webform > Form Components Tab edit the meeting time component
Make sure that "Unique" is selected under "Validation". You may make this component "Required" but that is not necessary (in case you want to permit submissions that don't have a meeting time selected).