How to use this site
We will be adding information to this page as we go. Your questions and feedback will help us make a website that is useful to all of the stakeholders, and we welcome suggestions and feedback! In the meantime, if you run into trouble please email Jeff at email@example.com
About This Site
This is a custom website built in Drupal for Topeka Charter School for Advanced Studies. It is designed to be managed by many people.
Adding and Editing Content
You must have a login for this site in order to add or edit content. We encourage our stakeholders to get involved, and we would love to have your help. New accounts must be approved by school administrators. Once you log in, you will see an "Add/Edit" button in the top menu bar, and an "edit" tab will become available on content that you have "edit permissions" for.
Types of Content
Classroom pages have a number of unique features, with more on the way:
- Title = Room Number
- Teacher - In order to add a teacher to a classroom, that teacher must already be on the site as a Team Member. Adding a teacher to a classroom will display that teacher's name and image, and it will also attach a link to her/his Team Member profile.
- Grade Level - Selecting the grade level controls on which Grade page the classroom appears, and it also controls what News and Events are displayed in the right column on the Classroom page.
- Highlights - are optional, they appear in the left column under the classroom photo. They are simple text inputs that can be rearranged easily.
- Image and Gallery - The main image appears as a thumbnail representing the classroom throughout the site, and it displays at the top left of the Classroom page. The Gallery can be used to display multiple images.
- Banner Image - by default, classrooms have a large Topeka Charter banner across the top of the Classroom page. This may be changed. The image uploaded here will be scaled to 300 pixels tall. The image will not stretch, it is recommended that you use an image at least 1500 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall to fill up the full width of most screens. The default is 2800 x 300.
- Body - a large field for adding lots of text. Will also take some html.
- File - One or more files may be attached to a Classroom page for download. Use the Description field to control what text displays as the link to the file.
Posts/Comments (Formerly 'Notes')
Posts can be added to Pages or Classrooms. They are intended to be used for such purposes as homework assignments, meeting notes, or brief announcements that are relevant to only a single Page or Classroom. They are a modified version of "Comments", and have a similar functionality and feel. These are still in development. New Pages and Classrooms will automatically have a button for "Post to this page" at the bottom. Existing pages and classrooms need to have this featured enabled.
- Message - Plain text.
- File - Up to 3 files may be attached to a Post for download or viewing in browser. Use the Description field to control what text displays as the link to the file.
Community Partners support Topeka Charter. Please contact the PTA to be added as a Community Partner. Community Partners content type includes one large image (scaled and cropped to a 480px square), individual fields for contact information, and a descriptive text area.